In today’s world and digital age, having good online connections and resources is just as important as being physically established. It is not uncommon to see tools and plugins such as Shortpixel or Imagify to help you make your work easier.
ShortPixel is a simpler and more lightweight option, which is great if you just want to optimize your images quickly and without too much fuss.
This plugin offers various levels of compression, so you can achieve a solid balance between performance and quality.
|Ease of Use||
Shortpixel is easy to use. As far as customers are concerned, it works in the background without creating any problem for the work.
Imagify is simple, to begin with, yet it is a little complex. When you sign up for free there are a few additional steps that you need to follow before you can compress your image.
|Value For Money||
ShortPixel is everyone's favourite and offers a lot of advantage in the bare minimum price.
Imagify is definitely another personal favorite on this list and it’s safe to say that we’re in safe hands just based on the fact that it is operated by the same team behind WP Rocket.
|Check out||Check out|
One of the most common contact points between customers and you is your website. Making a website can sometimes be a tricky process. Have you ever made a website and noticed that it was being weighed down by the large size of pictures that you were including into the website or webpage? The times of struggling with trying to lighten the image size, and optimising it, has gone.
You can now employ tools that will not only optimise your images but will also optimise your websites or web pages that you are working on.
In this article, we will be exploring and discussing the usage of Imagify and Shortpixels. You may be wondering what makes the two of them as desirable as they are. We aim to answer these questions by making a comparison between Shortpixel vs Imagify.
Each of these plugins has its strengths and shortcomings, we hope to make you informed enough to make the correct decision when choosing between the two.
Overview: ShortPixel vs Imagify
Shortpixel is a plugin designed and supported by WordPress. The plugin allows you to compress and optimise the images that you may consider using on your website. The plugin is extremely user friendly in the sense that it requires no prior knowledge before using it.
All you have to do is have it configured with your website and there you have it. The installation process is also a one time action. After that, no matter what the picture is or on what webpage or website you’re working on, the plugin will automatically optimise it without you having to repeatedly do it yourself.
- Looking to know more about Shortpixel? This detailed Shortpixel review might help you.
Imagify is a plugin that also works on several platforms. It allows you to compress any type of image in multiple different ways and sizes so that you make the best choice that will not compromise the size for quality or any such thing.
This plugin ensures that all your thumbnails will also be optimised in the process. This not only makes the educe the size of your website, but it will make your website tenfold faster.
Imagify vs ShortPixel Key Features:
- Bulk compresses all images: Both the plugins offer a feature where within a single click, all the images, either pre-existing, o recently added, will all get compressed. This saves the time and effort that it might take to individually compress every image, hence making it extremely efficient.
- Quantity and Quality: When employing these plugins, both of them aim, and deliver. The plugins main goal is to reduce the size and compress the images, however with these plugins, they barely cut short on the quality either. Hence they deliver in both quantity as well as quality.
- Optimize images outside of the media library, such as those added via other plugins: As mentioned before, the images that exist on the device that you install the plugin in, will all be compressed. This is in no way a bad thing because a little extra space and storage couldn’t possibly hurt anyone, especially when you’re making a website.
- Compress JPEG, PNG, GIF, WebP and PDF files either in a lossy or lossless format: This makes the plugin extremely versatile. It does not require you to have a certain format through which the images need to be. The plugin works on any type of document that it might be in, whether its JPEG or PNG. The feature that allows it to be compressed in either lossless or lossy allows users to make the choice based on their requirement.
- Automatically resize images to set dimensions before they are optimised: This again reduces the users’ work as you could set it to the dimensions that you want and not have to worry about it later. Ince you do come to need different dimensions, simply change it on the plugin and the upcoming images will be adjusted accordingly.
- Optimise regular images, thumbnails, and retina images from WP Retina 2x: This makes the plugin even more desirable than it began with. The fact that it can compress images as well as retina images and thumbnails, allows you as a user to include these many more things into your website without it weighing down the configuration of your website.
- Choose from three levels of compression- Normal, Aggressive, Ultra: This allows you as customers to easily choose between the level of compression that is required for your image. Some may have a small image, to begin with, but may require it to be slightly compressed to not weigh down the website.
- Store your original full-sized images in a secure backup, so they can be restored at any time: An inbuilt storage and backup in the plugin is a great plan B. It shows that the plugin is ready for emergencies especially in cases of the device running out of charge before you have time to save your works.
Ease Of Use
Shortpixel users have a few steps to follow when you initially make an account in this software. Concerning WordPress, short pixel requires a few things to keep in mind for the users. The steps before you can have complete access to the software include –
- As soon as you log in, head to the settings and request an API key, to begin with.
- Once you are done with entering the API, your screen will change to a full settings page where you will have to fill the prerequisite of your image editing process. These include settings that would provide minimum size, compression percentage and so on. These will help you decide what changes you need in the picture.
- It includes automatic optimization and so all you have to do is upload the image and compress it according to your requirements.
That’s it, it is that simple. All it includes is some basic steps and before you realise you are already done with compressing images and uploading on WordPress.
Imagify is simple, to begin with, yet it is a little complex. When you sign up for free there are a few additional steps that you need to follow before you can compress your image. These steps include –
- Click on settings of the Imagify webpage and add an API key.
- Once you generate and add an API key you will be taken to the dashboard where you can make the necessary changes.
- Alternatively what you can do is take the API key directly from the email that you have received from Imagify once you sign up for free. Use it to obtain your dashboard.
Tada, see that’s how user friendly it is. This is exactly how you can customise your images for blog posts or photographs and at the same time not compromise the quality of the picture. It helps you compress the picture to whichever size you want it to be. Genius isn’t it?
Short pixel image optimiser is a lightweight and simple software that caters to your requirements of customizing and compressing your images, especially for WordPress. It provides a fair amount of customizations and provides services without any fuss.
Current version: 4.21.1
Last update: January 16, 2021
Imagify is popular software that offers various levels of customization for users to compress and edit their images. This helps you reach a reliable balance between performance and quality. It can also optimise the thumbnail image which is an amazing touch to its expertise and advanced features.
Current version: 1.9.13
Last update: November 16, 2020.
Customers enjoy using shortpixel for the incredibly fast services and “no bugging” attribute of it. That also like how their images look fabulous and it provides a developer-friendly API. Customers are happy with its ease of use and advanced features that cater to their requirements.
What customers dislike is that the customization and CDN need some optimization with their adaptive images plugin.
Customers are extremely happy by its capacity and capability as an image compressing software. It is secured and also works in the background that makes people’s life easier. It resizes your image and speeds up your site. Customers are completely satisfied with their unique features as well.
What customers dislike is that it is not recently updated and that makes them lose out on a lot of things. They are willing to have better optimistic software.
- Automated optimisation
- Optimises images of any format from PNG, JPEG, GIF, WebP, and PDF.
- Users are offered two types of compression, either lossy or lossless
- Can compress images in both, the bulk setting as well as individually.
- Delivers on both major compression, as well as good quality.
- Three different types of compressions are offered to users.
- Extremely affordable
- Set standard dimensions that you would like your images to be compressed into, and you can change these dimensions at any given point with ease.
- Offers its users with a backup storage option so you can work on the same image without having to save it mid-process every time. Alls ensures security in case of emergency scenarios
- Users can optimise pre-existing images as well.
ShortPixel equips its users with the liberty to contact its team via its official website itself. The contact page on their website shows the customer care support team. This gives the team better credibility and develops some sort of trust among the users. Shortpixel has two ways that it recommends that you contact them through.
Either you contact them by filing a complaint or jotting down your query on the textbox that is available. Or the other option is to send them your email id, on which you will receive a feedback form through which you can lodge a complaint or address your queries.
Imagify works with a similar approach. The customer care page begins with FAQs that could answer the questions that you may have. However, if your doubt has not been clarified, the website also has a platform through which you can issue a ticket. The ticket will ask you for your email id through which you will be gotten back to.
Their customer services promise to respond to every ticket. They only respond during their normal business hours from Monday through Friday.
ShortPixel vs Imagify Pricing Plans
Shortpixel spoils its customers for choice. There are three types of packages you can choose from, each of which has three to four more plans within them
- Free: This free plan allows for 100 images to be optimised per month. The users are given regular support which means that they will be restricted to a specific time in the day. There are no file size limits to be followed and you can choose to optimise your image in the lossless, lossy or glossy optimisation process.
- Short: This plan is the starting plan. It starts for $4.99 per month allowing its users to optimise up to 5000 images per month and offers priority support. Apart from this, all the features are the same as the free plan. This means that it includes no file size limit, one API key for numerous sites, a WordPress plugin and all three modes of optimisation.
- Long: This plan starts at $9.99 per month and offers its customers with the privilege of optimising up to 12000 images per month. The features that this plan includes are the same as the Short plan.
- XXL: The plan starts at the price of $29.99 per month and allows its users to optimise up to 55,000 images per month as well.
- One-time 10K: This plan starts at $9.99 and allows you to optimise up to 10,000 images per month. It permits the users to priority support, one API key, lossless, lossy and glossy compressions, automatic and bulk optimisation along with PHP compression tools.
- One-time 30k: This plan starts at $19.99 and can optimise up to 30,000 images per month. Apart from this, it offers the same features as the 10k plan
- One-time 50K: The plan starts at $29.99 and can optimise 50,000 images per month
- One-time 170K: The plan starts at $99 and optimises up to 170,000 images per month
- dedicated 4: It starts at the cost of $350 per month. This plan has a dedicated server for all the images you may want to optimise. The server is fully managed and can handle up to two million optimisations per month. It offers the same features as the one-time plans but this one requires an installation fee of $100.
- Dedicated 8: The plan starts for $500 per month. The servers are equipped to optimise up to 4 million images per month. The plan requires an installation fee of $200.
- Dedicated 24: The plan goes at the price of $1000 per month. The servers can optimise up to 16 million images per month. It requires an installation fee of $300.
Each of the Dedicated server plans come with premium support and an option of using multiple API keys for multiple sites.
The Imagify plugin comes with two settings, either the monthly pricing and the yearly pricing.
- Starter: The starter plan is a plan that is for free. over here the users are allowed up to 20 Mb per month. That amounts for up to 200 images to be optimised every month.
- Growth: The plan starts at $4.99 per month. It offers the users with 500 MB per month. That amounts for close to 5,000 images to be optimised each month
- Infinite: This plan is for $9.99 per month and gives its users unlimited storage and optimisation capabilities.
- Starter: This is a free plan which offers the customers 20MB of image optimisation per month free of cost.
- Growth: The plan starts at $4.16 per month which adds up to $49.9 per year. The plan offers its users 500 MB per month.
- Infinite: the plan goes at the price of $8.33 per month, which adds up to $99.9 per year. This plan allows you to optimise an unlimited number of images per month.
Pros and Cons: ShortPixel vs Imagify
- Optimises all kinds of files
- Offers users lossy lossless and lossy compressions
- Gives users a plethora of options when it comes to choosing a pricing plan
- Backup and Restore options
- Automatic bulk optimisation
- You can’t carry the leftover amount that you may not have used in a month. You still pay for the plan you picked regardless of how much of it you used.
- Easy to use for both veterans and newbies in the field
- No compromise on compressed image quality
- Supports resizing. Allows users to resize as well as optimise files.
- Automatically optimises all images.
- Offers users with three types of compression levels.
- Allows maximum file of size 25 MB.
- Monthly plans are slightly expensive than other WP Image Optimizer Plugins.
FAQs On ShortPixel vs Imagify
🔥 Why do you need an Image Optimizer?
Image Optimizers are an important part for the bloggers and websites because it saves space and keeps check at the quality of images.
💥 ShortPixel vs Imagify Which is the better choice?
Both these Image optimizers are shoulder to shoulder when it comes to competition. However, ShortPixel beats Imagify in certain areas such as CDN offering.
✅What happens to the existing images on the plugin?
The images that are existing will now be saved as the optimised version which will be way lighter and of a lesser space taking capacity than what it was, to begin with. although nothing visual will change about your image, if you want the original image it is better to have your own back up on the device that you are using, or maybe on a different device.
🏆 Are there free plans?
Both Shortpixel and Imagify offer their customers a free plan that doesn't fall short of any features that may be existent in the other plans. That being said, however, the paid plans offer for more images to be optimised and converted per month.
💼What is the difference between lossy lossless and glossy compression?
Lossy compression is a type of compression that makes images the smallest size that they can be optimised to. Glossy compression offers better quality and a lesser reduction in size. Lossless compression offers the highest quality of images but the size reduces only slightly.
- ShortPixel Lifetime Deal
- CartFlows Discount Coupons
- GeneratePress WordPress Theme Review
- ShortPixel Coupons, Offers Promo Codes, Discounts
- Best All-In-One Backup For WordPress- Blogvault
ShortPixel vs Imagify Final Verdict: Which One Is the Best?
Both the plugins are used for the same purpose, optimisation of images. They aim at reducing the weight or load that may slow down your website and the way it functions.
What our goal is in this article, is to help you as a potential customer, make the right decision when choosing between the two plugins. We have supplied you with facts about the pricing plans, the features that each plugin offers, reviews and how compatible it is with users, experienced and not alike.
In our opinion, ShortPixel emerges as the winner and an amazing Image Optimizer plugin for WordPress that is easy to use and bulk optimize images.